Partnership | www.cfrlaw.co.uk
Diversification, Estates, Option Agreements, Planning & Development
Advertisements / Canopies / Blinds, Business and Science Parks, Car Parking / Access, Change of Use, Enforcement, Extensions / Alterations of Premises, Flood Risk Assessments, Lawful Development Certificates, New Premises, Offices
Schools / Community Buildings
Ancient Monuments, Archaeology, Conservation Areas, Ecology, Historic Buildings, Listed Buildings, Rural Conservation, Urban Conservation, World Heritage Sites
AONB (Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty), Appropriate Assessment (Habitats Regulations), Coastal Planning, Ecological Surveys, Environmental Audits, Environmental Impact Assessments, Environmental Statements, Gypsy / Traveller Sites, Renewable Energy Sources, Rights of Way, SSSI (Special Sites of Scientific Interest), Strategic Environmental Appraisals, Tree Preservation Orders, Wetlands, Wind Farms
Appeals, Investigation, Prosecution, Remedial Action
Health Centres, Hospital, Nursing Homes
Affordable Housing, Appeals, Applications, Boundaries / Curtilage, Car Parking, Flood Risk Assessements, Light Issues, Residential Developments, Social Housing
Heavy Industry, Light Industry, Minerals / Aggregates / Extraction, Mining, Mobile Phone Masts, Oil & Gas, Pollution (Air, Water, Noise), Service Industry, Technological Industry, Telecommunications, Utilities, Waste Disposal
Advocacy, Appeals, Covenants, Direct Professional Access to the Bar, Injunctions, Judicial Review, Land Tribunals, Public Inquiries
Best Value Reviews
Conservation, Energy, Ports
Incineration, Landfill, Minerals/Aggregates Extraction, Oil & Gas Exploration, Quarries, Waste Disposal, Waste Minimisation, Waste Recycling
Contractual Disputes, Planning Gain, Section 106 Agreements, Section 75 Agreements
Elected Member Training
Anaerobic Digestion, Biomass, Wind Power
Advertisements / Canopies / Blinds, Change of Use, Out of Town Sites, Retail Impact Studies, Shops, Supermarkets, Town Centres
Development Plan Monitoring, EIP (Examination in Public), Local Plan Inquiries, Local Plans, Regional Planning, Waste Local Plans
Cinemas, Fast Food / Take Away Outlets, Guest Houses / B&B, Health Clubs, Hotels, Marinas, Public Houses, Restaurants, Stadiums, Tourism, Visitor Management Strategies
Airports, Motorways, Ports, Trams
Blight, Brownfield Sites, Compulsory Purchases, PFI (Private Finance Initiatives), PPP (Public & Private Partnerships), Town & City Centre Revitalisation Schemes, Waterfront Sites
Cleaver Fulton Rankin is a leading commercial law practice based in Belfast and practising throughout Northern Ireland. It has unique experience in the planning and environment areas. Key experience includes:-
• Lead adviser to George Best Belfast City Airport in respect of its application to extend its runway and proposal to vary its Planning Agreement.
• Lead adviser to Titanic Quarter Limited in respect of its various planning applications for its mixed use development schemes in the old Belfast ship works site, including the site for the Public Records Office for Northern Ireland, Belfast Metropolitan College and the Titanic Belfast, the Tourist and exhibition facility due to open in April 2012.
• Lead adviser to the National Trust in respect of the new Visitors’ Centre at the Giant’s Causeway, the only World Heritage Site in Northern Ireland.
• Advising a leading national retailer in respect a number of planning applications and roads agreements and agreements in relation to public transport provision.
• Advising the Department for Social Development in respect of its masterplans and development agreements at various towns and cities throughout Northern Ireland in relation to planning and environmental matters and vesting powers.
• Ongoing advice to AES on planning, environmental and regulatory issues arising from the operation of Kilroot Power Station, the coal fired power station in Carrickfergus, Count Antrim.
Karen Blair heads up the Planning and Environmental team at Cleaver Fulton Rankin. Karen has been recognised as a leader in the field of both planning and environmental law in the Chambers Legal Directories from 2007 to date where she has been desctibed as "Fully prepared, proactive and on the ball," "analytical and bright, as well as pragmatic and realistic in her approach to major projects," and "a meticulous lawyer with a fantastic knowledge of planning law" who is keenly sought out for her "proactive, well-prepared advice" and "excellent representation of her clients’ best interests".